The use of energy resources is required to be reduced by managing, the utilization of electricity which is termed as Energy Management.
The benefits of Energy Management in the industry is to reduce the electricity bill. Also includes the increasing competitiveness, increase productivity and increase profit. The benefits of the nation are to save energy and to increase energy security. In Globe, it reduces the environmental effects, maintains sustainable environmental, and reduces global warming.
The best way to manage energy consumption:
- Metering energy consumption and collecting the data.
- Finding and quantifying chance to save energy
- Targeting the opportunities to save energy
- Tracking the progress at saving energy
Principles of Energy Management:
- Minimizing energy waste.
- Best use of possible.
- Training and motivation to staff.
- Optimizing energy efficiency with technology.
- Most appropriate energy sources.
- Continuous improvement in reducing energy consumption.
The procedure that will identify how the energy is getting in use in facilities. It helps to identify practical and cost measures that reduce energy use, lower the operating costs. Also, it helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Targeted Energy Audit:
- Results from the walk-through audit.
- Data collect to the walk-through of the audit.
- The organization wants to improve the lighting system.
- Target audit for the same carried out.
- In targeted audits, a further detail investigation is been carry.
Detailed Energy audit:
- It includes the use of instruments to measure energy use for the building.
- For detailed energy audits, sophisticated computer simulation programs are typical.
- To evaluate and recommend energy profits for the facility.
The need for Energy Management and Audit are for-profit, competitiveness, manage the national energy balance. Reduce the local and global environmental pollution, prevent loss and waste disposal, and productivity and quality.
One way to perform Energy Management in Energy Audit is equipment, technologies, and reliable solutions.