Low-Cost Housing is also known as the Affordable House. As the population grows, the price in every product increases including the cement and construction material. The growth in population, the need for residential properties are marking in all-time demand in the construction industry.
The environmental effect is also considered. The utilization of the Alternate Materials can put a mark in today’s construction for Environmental Protection and for Cost Reduction.
Governments have often played an important role in the development, management, and finance of housing for low-income people.
The need for low-cost housing has a guide to different models of local-controlled housing. Many non-profit housing co-operatives, collective, calculated communities, and collective permit low-income individuals to share the resources necessary to acquire housing.
Low Cost or Cost-Effective Housing:
- Reduce the cost of building and at the same time not offering any of the components of the safety of the house.
- New technologies are used so construction time is also reduced to much extent.
- Resources from locals are used which also utilizes many resources locally and generates employment.
Factors affecting the choice of material:
- Accessible of raw material
- Availability of skilled labor
- Scale of construction
- Cost variation with conventional materials
- Acceptability by people
Factors affecting the choice of Technologies:
- Availability of adequate power for the production of components
- A typology based on geo-climate conditions
- Disaster-resistant requirements
- Environmental aspects
Technology for Alternative Material for Low-Cost Housing:
- Energy efficient
- Employment generating
Low-Cost Housing material characteristics:
- Easy to manufacture
- Easy Commissioning
- Faster and cheaper construction
- Effective waste utilization
- Energy-efficient and environment-friendly
Hollow Concrete block load-bearing wall:
- Cheaper than stone and brick
- Easy to handle and light in weight
- Better insulation due to air space
- Consumption of mortar is less
- Environmental friendly technology
- Placing of vertical reinforcement is easier