Anyone can build a road with some basic knowledge and an interest in the field, and with the strong basics of road building, you can reduce the chances of uncertainties and save a lot of money.
If you are up for road-building in a pocket-friendly way, then this article will provide the steps to bake the cake (Build a road). Even if you just want to get the idea of the road-building to discus with builders.
Monitoring the performance is important in the entire process and it is up to us to make it right from the start.
Step by step guide to road building:
- Planning and Layout: All you need to know before starting is how this road will connect to your place be it your house, office, etc. and how long it is going to be or how it ties to the public road.
- You need to spend a lot of your time in this step as it is a planning process and to make sure we have a smooth flow of process then invest your time in the planning and layout process.
- Corridor Clearing: In this step, you will remove the biomass from the road area and from the field slope with the help of various techniques.
- Erosion Control: It is a process of retaining soil from your site.
- Rough Grading: It is a process of taking raw land and shape that land according to the requirement and shape of our road.
- Drainage Installation: Installment process of features which will help to evaporate the water from the site. (Note-This step is most important in the process of road construction).
- Finish Grading and Compaction: It is the process where the whole steps and the tools come together to make the process smooth for functioning.
- Surfacing: In this step, you need to make the right choices in terms of which option to use in order to reduce the chances of unnecessary options out there.
- Revegetation: In this process, you save your investment as this is the process of revegetation of the entire area and the surroundings.
• We all know that the money we spent on the planning and layout of any particular task before starting it in an efficient way then it is money come back in our pockets in form of return on investments.
In order to go correct from the start, you must find effective tools like maps and previous designs of the roads in order to understand the area and the surrounding more efficiently. (Use the digitally mapping techniques and surveyors and make sure to perform the functions in a cost-effective manner.)
1. Retention process is important for the proper base and it is a traditional concept but is the most effective one.
2. Clear the biomass and remove all the trees and leaves from the path and make sure to have enough dirt available to fill the holes.
3. Don’t discard the earth biomass as it is important raw material which can be used in a lot of cases in the process.
4. Use the proper technology and equipment to remove the biomass so that it won’t damage the soil from inside.
• You need proper erosion control protocols. It requires proper maintenance you need to know what is going on your site and you need to maintain sustainability. (Monitoring the weather is one of the crucial examples of it)
• Drainage installation has the features that allow us to evacuate the water from the road. (Principle components of drainage installment are drainage tiles)
• The surfacing is the driving surface where we finish everything in an efficient manner by giving the icing on the top.
• Ask your contractors to provide you with the query tickets so that you can check that you are getting all the equipment.
Bituminous Macadam is the pavements which are constructed in different layers such as Base course, Binder Course and Surface course. These layers provide different functionality and bituminous pavements.
• Bituminous Grade- It should be between 60-70
• Temperature- a) Mix Materials
b) Laying- Max- 165 degree and Min- 125 degree
c) Rolling- Min- 90 degree
• Levels (Tolerance)
• Field density
Track Coat Seal Coat PrimeCoat
4.Cement- Mortar and Concrete
Road constructors are the manpower behind preparing the foundations, laying the base, to topping with concrete or asphalt. A road constructor builds the side streets and motorways we all drive on. Constructors play the vital part in the road construction process as they provide all the manpower and equipment to work with and they turn the plan into reality. Road constructors should be well experienced in the field and in order to prevent obstacles. As a result to take the corrective steps from the beginning in a cost-effective manner.
Roads in India:
India’s road network is the second largest network in the world with a total length of around 4320000 kilometers. The Indian road network consists of 1000 km- Expressways. 79.243 km- National Highway.131,899 km- State Highways and the other major district and rural roads.
The Longest National Highway– Is from Varanasi to Kanyakumari, but in future, it will run from Srinagar to Kanyakumari.