Designing a home is a very exciting project. If you dont hire an architect then it is also a very stressful time as you have lots of decisions to make and questions that need to be answered. The most important decision to make is to hiring an architect. Not all architect firms are the same and trust worthy. Each has their methods of creating designs. As well, the services that different architects offer will vary from time to time. When choosing an architect, you have to make sure it is the right architect that meets your design needs.
The following is a list of tips to hiring an architect to designing your home:
1. First of all ask them about their past designs, size and type of projects? Designing firms will often have various size of designed projects. They might be good at designing room but not renovating the same. They can be good at apartments but at commercial building.
2. Inquire about their education and experience from their past clients. If they have won any award during their career.
3. Don’t forget ask about the licence. The one you have chosen has be licensed? They can also have the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards Certificate (NCARB.)
MOST IMPORTANT POINT WHILE CHOOSING AN ARCHITECT
5. Does the architect have insurance? Every professional architect will have insurance, especially liability insurance.
6. What are their services? This can include blueprints, plans, consulting with the contractor, maintaining contact with the contractor throughout the process, creating a budget, and staying on site during the building process.
7. Can you use online plans or stock plans from a book? One will advise that if you plan on making a number of changes throughout the process, a stock plan may not be the best choice. You will also have to consider how unique you want the design to be.
8. What are your costs? Rates will vary among all. It can range from very high to budgeted.
9. Will the one you choose help you find a contractor? Many architects will often help their clients find a good and honest contractor. They will even have a list of contractors that they have worked with on other projects.
10. Does the one use 3D Software? A professional architect should create home or other projects designed in BIM or 3D.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
When designing and building a home, people want everything run smoothly. Hiring an architect will make a big difference in building the home of your dreams. Make sure that you check references before making a decision. It is important to interview a number of architects before making a decision so you will know that the architect understands your design vision. It will also reduce many of the tasks that one has to do during the building process. Whether you hire an architect firm or a single, a quality one will ensure that you have your dream home.