Eco-Friendly Paints for Nontoxic Home
Transforming a space into a refuge requires healthy and thinking choices. Choices of Eco-friendly paints. The products that you choose to bring into our house make a collision on our quality of life whether you know it or not. It’s true for the clothes e wear, the air we breathe, and even the food we eat.
Inside, the air which surrounds us nearly 80 % of the time is not always safe. Toxic interior paints are the culprits behind many common ailments which can affect us and our loved ones. And it also includes those furry four-legged family members.
What makes a paint Eco-Friendly?
Describing a paint, finish, or glaze as eco-friendly means that it does not contain airborne chemicals. Or gases that will affect devastation on your health. These low-level toxic discharges are called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which drain out into the air and cause symptoms like headaches, visual, respiratory impairment, memory loss, and even dizziness.
The EPA notes which the effects of VOCs are about two to five times higher indoors than outdoors, and if you are clearing paint during a home project, studies show that it can escalate up to 1,000 times higher. The good news is that you can be enterprising and clean up the air in the house with more than just a few besotted plants.
Here are the 9 Paints :
- Clare Paint – Clare paint is committed to bringing designer-curated colors and environmentally friendly paint right to your door. 100 % of its paint is zero VOC and green guard Gold Certified, while its factories have low-waste production methods, recycling packaging, and water conservation systems throughout.
- The Real Milk Paint Co. – Milk paint made from organic milk protein is a healthier different than water-based latex. And oil-based paint used by many of the commercial options. The company has tons of great color options which include loose coloring so that you can make your own custom color. The Real Milk Paint Co. has been innovative since 1995, and its time-tested formula is as non-toxic as ever. In this just add water, and it will work on raw wood, drywall, and concrete.
- Backdrop – Backdrop spent a year curator 50 of the best colors for homes and which become the first climate-neutral pant company in 2020 along the way. Its line of exterior and interior colors are Green Wise certified. It is certified with low VOCs, low smell, and sent in a recyclable can.
More paints options :
- ECOS Paint – The environmentally friendly ECOS Paint is “paint you can feel good about”. Absolutely free of VOCs and doors, the USA-made brand offers a colorful selection of organic paints for interior and exterior walls.
- Sherwin-Williams Harmony – Sherwin-Williams Harmony line completely free of VOCs. But its contemporary technology also helps to purify your home’s air by reducing toxic emissions from other household products.
- Benjamin Moore Eco Spec – The Eco Spec line is Benjamin Moore’s collection of zero-VOC and discharge paint. It is available as a primer and in flat, eggshell, and semi-gloss finishes.
- BioShield – This paint is an eco-friendly paint company offering a line of solvent-free, zero-VOC paints and tiniest for your exterior, interior, wall finishes, and wood stains.
- Behr Premium Plus – This paint is of eco-friendly paints is zero VOC. Plus it comes as a two-in-one paint and primer to make it even easier. As a green guard gold certified to have low chemical discharge in your house.
- Earth Pigments – This paint offers beautifully rich colors which include earth tones made from ocher. Also made up of bright oxide pigments, and natural mica. Continuous gathered from the earth, these mineral and plant-based coloring are a safe alternative to conventional paints.